Due to COVID-19 the cake competition will be postponed.
Don't worry! We will see you all as soon as we're able to safely book a new date.
Themes and categories will remain the same - which means you just have more time to work on your pieces. We can't wait to see what you create!
Registration Fee - $5 - All registrations fees will go directly to Icing Smiles Canada.
Icing Inspirations 8th Kinda Annual Cake Art Competition
June 14th, 2020 12pm – 4pm
251 Jacob St New Hamburg Ontario
Rules and Regulations
Details below are for the kids and teen division:
Kids division is for children 12 and under. The theme for this year's kids division is Storybook Cakes Children are invited to use their imagination to create a single tier or two tier.
Each cake must fit into a 12" x 12" area.
Children will be divided into two categories:
Kids 6 and under
Teen division is for ages 13-17. The theme for this year's teen division is Storybook Cakes. Children are invited to use their imagination to create a two or three tier cake.
Each cake must fit into a 18" x 18" area.
General Category Rules
- Entries may be done out of cake or Styrofoam. If done with Styrofoam tiers it must be obvious that it could be recreated in real cake.
- If made out of real cake adults may assist in baking and preparing the cake. Decorations and icing of the cake must be done by the child/teen.
- Entries will be accepted Jacob St arena Saturday June 13th from 11am until 3pm.
- Please note that contestant’s names will be displayed after the judging but until they have been judged the entries will be kept anonymous to the judges. We ask that you not post your entries on the internet until after the judging has taken place. Business cards and advertising are not permitted.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries may not be removed until after 4pm on June 14th. Icing Inspirations and Too Nice to Slice are not responsible for any damages done to entries. Do not touch signs will be posted.
- Contestants may remove their entries between 4pm and 5pm on June 14th only. Entries MUST be removed. The hall may charge a fee for disposable of any large items left behind. Contestant is responsible for fee if the hall deems it too large to dispose of in their normal manner.
- 3pm on Sunday June 14th
- Photographs of the event will be taken by Icing Inspirations. By participating in this competition you agree that photos of you and/or your cake may be used in promotional material.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
By making a registration payment you agree to the above rules and regulations.