100% of the registration from the Show piece competition will go to Icing Smiles Canada.
Icing Inspirations 8th Kinda Annual Cake Art Competition
June 14th, 2020 12pm - 4pm
251 Jacob St, New Hamburg Ontario
Rules and Regulations (Please be sure to fully read and print a copy for your reference)
A show piece or special technique is defined as something done off of a cake. This can be a royal icing display piece, gumpaste flowers, shoes, modeling etc. The theme for this year's show piece division is FASHION and FLORAL.
General Category Rules - Show Piece
- Entries must be 100% edible with the exception of the board it is constructed on. All embellishments must be edible. The only non edible decor permitted is a ribbon on your board.
- Display board may not exceed 12" x 12"
- Any sugar medium is accepted for use as decoration.
- Any technique or combination of techniques may be used.
- Please make sure you have read and understand the rules.
- Contestants may only enter one special techniques entry.
- All entries must be the sole work of the contestant. Pieces that have been completed as a team will not be permitted. Entries must not have been completed in a class or as part of a class project or assignment. Entries must not have been entered or judged in any other competition.
- Entries will be accepted at the Jacob St arena Saturday June 13th from 11am until 3pm. Entries received after 3pm on June 13th will not be permitted. Please factor in set up time. You will be asked to leave the building at 3pm so that judging can begin.
- Please note that contestant’s names will be displayed after the judging but until they have been judged the entries will be kept anonymous to the judges. We ask that you not post your entries on the internet until after the judging has taken place. Business cards and advertising are not permitted.
- The decision of the judges is final.
- Entries may not be removed until after 4pm on June 14th. Icing Inspirations and Too Nice to Slice are not responsible for any damages done to entries. Do not touch signs will be posted.
- Contestants may remove their entries between 4pm and 5pm on June 14th only. Entries MUST be removed. The hall may charge a fee for disposable of any large items left behind. Contestant is responsible for fee if the hall deems it too large to dispose of in their normal manner.
- Judging will take place on Saturday evening and awards ceremony will be held at 3pm on Sunday June 14th . Contestants do not have to be present to qualify for an award.
- Photographs of the event will be taken by Icing Inspirations. By participating in this competition you agree that photos of you and/or your cake may be used in promotional material.
- Entry fees are non-refundable.
Entries will be marked on the following criteria:
- Interpretation of colour and theme
- Quality and workmanship
A total of 10 points for each criterion may be earned for a total of 40 points from each judge.
Since entries will be kept anonymous from the judges please do not include any distinguishing marks on your entry. Entries with distinguishing marks will be disqualified.
Anyone of any skill level is invited to enter the cookie competition.
Entry Fee :
By making a registration payment you agree to the above rules and regulations.
Thank you to our 2018 Sponsors: